Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 9 - My (diet's) arch nemesis arrives

Current weight: 220.8

Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Salad w/chicken
Dinner: Burger w/cucumbers
Dessert: Strawberries
I also stole 1 kettle chip from Matt, but just 1.

So everything was going fine today, until Ray decided to buy pizza for the entire warehouse crew that was doing inventory.  So Jinny ordered about 10 pizzas from Domino's.  No problem, I thought, I just won't go in the lunch room and I won't have to see it, or smell it.... and then I heard her utter the magic words: Buffalo.  Chicken.  Pizza.  With garlic herb crust!  Oh man, I was just going to really have to try hard to not go into the lunch room.  What's that, Jinny?  You need help carrying the pizzas back from reception?  Er, well, I'd rather... ok.

So we bring the pizzas back and set them out in the lunch room.  I open the boxes so everyone can see what kinds of pizza we got, and I open the lid of my favorite pizza.  The chicken looks so tender, and I can smell the hot sauce, see the melty-ness of the cheese, I can practically taste the deliciousness of that crust....

But I resisted.  I resisted all day!  I had just broken the 10 pound mark that morning, so I didn't want to mess things up.  I was super proud of myself, but I also know that this won't be the first time something like this happens.  Only 20 more days on this phase of the diet and then I can start eating more normal food, and hopefully I won't be craving things quite so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment