Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 16 - The amazing vanishing Cassie

When I weighed myself and was still at 219.2 this morning (I've been hovering around that for a few days now), I was really frustrated.  I mean, I've been working so hard and nothing has been changing, it's really discouraging.  So I went back to read the guide again, and it said that if  you hit a plateau you should do one of 4 things:

  • Drink more water
  • Have an apple day - eat only apples (up to 6 apples) for a day and drink only enough water to quench an uncomfortable thirst
  • Take more drops
  • Measure and weigh yourself again
Well, I've already been drinking a ton and a half of water (because the A/C has been out at work for two days!), and I'm not so nuts on the idea of an apple day, plus I'm trying to make the drops last as long as they can.  So that left me with option 4, measuring.  

Which I just did.  

I'm really glad I had locked myself in the bathroom to do this, because if anyone had seen me I'd look like a grinning idiot.  I was especially happy about losing a full inch from  my bust - something I've always wanted to be just a tiny bit a lot smaller.  Overall, I've lost at least a half an inch from all over my body.

Let me repeat that: I'm a half inch smaller.  

EVERYWHERE.

To be specific (starting measurements are in black):

Bust: 44 --- 43
Waist: 37 --- 36
Hips:51 --- 49
Upper arm: 15 --- 14.5
Lower arm: 11 --- 10.5
Thigh (upper): 31 --- 29
Thigh (lower): 22 --- 21
Calf: 17 --- 16.5

It's kind of hard to say "yeah, I'm getting smaller" when it's not a quantifiable thing: I've been feeling like my jeans are a lot looser all around, but I wasn't sure if that was just because they had been worn a couple times since they came out of the dryer.  Now I can look at myself and know, for a fact, that I'm about 3% smaller than I was two weeks ago!  I still want my weight loss to pick up a little bit, but I'm a lot happier than I was this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment